Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Favorite Walt Whitman

Quotes are so sexy to me. They are short, simple, and punch perfect.

I came across a quote by Walt Whitman today and it has inspired me to share a few of my favorite WW.

Enjoy! Hope one rings true for your ears!

"And your very flesh shall be a poem."

"I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best."

"I have learned that to be with those I like is enough."

"If anything is sacred, the human body is sacred."

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes."

"Re-examine all you have been told...dismiss that which insults your soul."

"Be curious, not judgemental."

"If you've done it, it ain't bragging."

"Oh while I live, to be the ruler of life, not a slave, to meet life as a powerful conqueror, and nothing exterior to me will ever take command of me."

2 comments:

  1. quoooootes...I love them.

    "Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes."

    i dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now we just have to get you to post more frequently than every other month!

    ReplyDelete